Why June 21 is Music Day?
World Music Day is observed on June 21st all around the world. The inaugural World Music Day was celebrated in Paris, France in 1982, and was established by Jack Lang and Maurice Fleuret. The day’s goal is to encourage musicians, both professionals and amateurs, to perform on the streets.
World Music Day 2021: History, Significance
The 21st of June is known as ‘Globe Music Day’ all over the world. It is also referred to as ‘Make Music Day’ and ‘Fete de la Musique’ in French.
Music has the ability to do almost anything. It has the potential to make you experience emotions to which you may not have previously been linked. Not only that, but music has the ability to cure you in the most difficult of circumstances.
This is a significant day for a lot of music fans all around the globe. It honors artists from all around the globe for their contributions to making the world a more harmonious place. The presence of several genres in music not only indicates diversity but also reflects the history and culture from which they originated.
In 1982, France was the first country to commemorate World Music Day. This event was approved by the Minister of Art and Culture, Jack Lange, as well as a well-known French composer called Maurice Fleuret. Every year, on June 21, the day of the summer solstice, it is commemorated. The goal was to get people out on the streets and enjoy themselves while listening to the music of their choice.
Since then, more than 120 nations across the globe have commemorated this momentous occasion.
Music is an important aspect of many of our lives. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a professional vocalist or a self-proclaimed toilet singer; this is something we really adore. What better day to commemorate this than today, which is dedicated entirely to music?
World Music Day Quotes
This World Music Day, we bring quotes from celebrated personalities of the world
- “Music was my refuge. I could crawl into space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.”- Maya Angelou
- “Without music, life would be a mistake.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. -Ludwig van Beethoven
- I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music. ― Billy Joel
- Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances. -Maya Angelou
- Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. — Plato
- Music can touch your hearts even if you don’t know what language the song is in. Happy World Music Day!
- When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest of times, and to the latest. – Henry David Thoreau
- “Some people have lives; some people have music.” ― John Green
- “Where words leave off, music begins.” ― Heinrich Heine
- “If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week.” ― Charles Darwin
- Music is like therapy. It is plays a very important role in our lives. I hope you enjoy your day with good music. Warm wishes to you on World Music Day.
- “Music is everybody’s possession. It’s only publishers who think that people own it.” -John Lennon
- “Where words fail, music speaks” – Hans Christian Andersen
- “Without music, life would be a mistake.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- The feeling you get while listening to your favorite song is incredible. I don’t think you can describe it in words. I hope that you get to here the best music today and everyday. Happy World Music Day!
- “I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.” – Albert Einstein
- There is some kind of music for everyone in this world. Hope you get to listen your favorite music today. Happy World Music Day to you.
- “When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest of times, and to the latest.” – Henry David Thoreau