The world is increasingly connected, and our smart gadgets, such as Android, are used for nearly everything. In earlier years, only laptops were available to assist students with their work, but Android now has the potential to perform all of that with amazing dependability.
If you’re a student, you’ve come to the correct place. We’ll go through some of the top Android applications that every student should have on their phone in this post.
The Best Android Apps for College Students are listed below.
These are typical applications that were created with students in mind to assist them with their academics. So, let’s take a look at the top applications for college students.
CamScanner is a mobile app that allows you to scan, save, sync, and collaborate on a variety of documents from your smartphone, tablet, or PC.
You may use this to scan essential notes, assignments, and a variety of other critical papers from your Android smartphone, which will be useful for future reference.
- Mobile Scanner
- Quick Search
- Extract Texts from Image
- Share PDF/JPEG Files
- Print & Fax
Evernote is a cloud-based workplace that syncs across all of your devices. Stay productive while working from anywhere. Evernote provides you with the tools to effectively share, discuss, and interact with others.
The software is also well-known for its useful note-taking capabilities. You may use this software to add photographs, videos, and reminders to your notes.
- Write notes, checklists, and research
- Organize web articles, docs, and photos
- Discuss your work with others, right within the app
You could be working with a lot of text or PDF files as a college student. You can easily open Microsoft office files using WPS Office + PDF.
Not only that, but WPS Office + PDF contains a PDF reader that can be used to view PDF files in the free version. Overall, it’s a fantastic Android office suite software.
RealCalc Plus is a pro version of the most popular scientific calculator on Android. The calculator software is meant to resemble a genuine hand-held calculator in appearance and functionality.
It has all of the typical scientific operations, as well as fractions, degrees/minutes/seconds, histories, memories, unit conversions that may be customised, and constants.
- Traditional algebraic or RPN operation
- Fraction calculations and conversion to/from decimal
- Degrees/minutes/seconds calculations and conversion
- 12-digit display
Wikipedia is an open-source encyclopaedia that anybody may contribute to. Wikipedia articles are open source, and the app code is open source as well. You can even contribute to Wikipedia as a result of this.
Wikipedia might be an excellent learning resource for pupils. On Wikipedia, you may discover information on practically every subject.
- Tabbed browsing: tapping and holding a link opens it in a new tab, enabling you to keep reading the current article while switching to the new tab when you’re ready.
- Link previews: Tapping on a connection displays a preview of the connected article, allowing you to receive a quick overview of the link without losing your position in the current page.
Read Also: 10 Best Weather Apps For Your Android Device
This is one of the most interesting applications for college students. Todoist – the delightfully simple to-do list and task management made for the speed of contemporary life – is used by more than 4 million people across the globe.
Todoist is there to help you accomplish more every day, whether you need to work with your team, keep track of your most essential tasks, or remember to pay the rent.
- Manage your tasks from anywhere – even offline
- Plan ahead and never miss another deadline
- Take your to-do listing to the next level with sub-tasks, sub-projects, color-coded projects, and priority levels.
- Share projects, assign tasks, and add comments all within the app.
We all know college students don’t have enough time to learn everything and stay up with current events. As a result, Feedly could be the ideal choice for them. It’s a one-stop shop for all of your favourite publications’ news.
Feedly allows you to create collections for your favourite periodicals, podcasts, and YouTube channels, and get notifications when new articles and videos are released.
What if I told you that you could get your hands on the greatest books, audiobooks, news, periodicals, papers, sheet music, and more for less than a paperback?
Scribd is the only reading app you’ll ever need to immerse yourself in a subject, keep informed, try something new, or escape into a wonderful narrative.
- Every month, you’ll get 3 books and 1 audiobook of your choosing.
- Unrestricted access to the world’s largest document collection, which contains government papers, university dissertations, in-depth scientific investigations, and much more.
- Our editors have hand-picked a selection of books and audiobooks for you to enjoy.
- Store titles offline so you can enjoy them whenever you want, even if you don’t have access to the internet.
Oxford Dictionary of English is a mobile dictionary featuring Oxford University Press material.
This dictionary is suitable for professionals, students, and academics, as well as anybody who need a thorough and authoritative English dictionary.
- Search autocomplete assists you in rapidly finding terms by presenting suggestions as you enter.
- You may use keyword lookup to search inside complex words and phrases.
- A ‘Wild card’ (‘*’ or ‘?’) to substitute a letter or full sections of a word, as well as an automated ‘Fuzzy filter’ to fix word spelling.
- The camera’s search function searches up words in the viewfinder and shows the results.
- Installed applications on your smartphone may be used to share word meanings.
The Hi-Q MP3 Voice Recorder raises the bar for mobile sound recording. This could be the greatest Android app for recording audio lectures if you’re seeking for one.
The programme is jam-packed with features and customization choices, and it outperforms any ordinary recording software thanks to high-fidelity 44 kHz audio sampling.
- Simply open the app and you’re ready to go! You may start recording right away by pressing the striking Red button.
- Real-time recordings are saved as MP3 files that are small enough to be played practically anywhere.
- Your recordings are securely kept with automatic upload to Dropbox, and you may free up more space on your smartphone.
Mathway, on the other hand, is a one-of-a-kind math solution software for Android. Mathway promises to be able to answer even the most complex arithmetic problems while also providing step-by-step explanations. To answer any arithmetic issue, just put the Mathway’s camera at the problem and take a photo.
The app will scan the question for you and provide you step-by-step directions on how to answer it.
- Easy to use and efficient, Mathway appeals to anyone who needs help solving mathematical problems,
- Solves Basic Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra
- The app also covers Trigonometry, Precalculus, Calculus, Linear Algebra, Chemistry, Graphing, etc.
12. Google Drive
Google Drive is, without a doubt, the most popular cloud storage service. You can quickly store your documents using Google Drive. Additionally, you may invite others to view, modify, or comment on any of your files or folders.
It’s a cloud storage service that provides 15GB of storage. You may keep all of your study materials on there.
- Safely store your files and access them from anywhere.
- Search for files by name and content.
- Easily share files and folders with others.
- Quickly view your content.
With Studious, you’ll never have to worry about your phone going off in class again. It will be impossible to forget about schoolwork and exams.
This software offers a fantastic note function that enables you to type in whatever information you desire, such as the name of your building or classroom.
- Silence your phone in class
- Remind you when homework and tests are due
- Save notes
Read Also: 10 Best Weather Apps For Your Android Device
Mint is one of the most useful money applications available for Android.
It’s a budgeting software that keeps track of your spending. You may connect your bank account to track your spending patterns and balances.
- Get a complete picture of your financial life.
- Track bills right alongside your account balances.
- With one place to keep track of your finances, there’s no need to log into multiple sites.
CALCU is one of the most attractive calculator applications available for your Android device.
The app is well-known for its appearance, yet it also incorporates scientific features and displays the history of calculations. CALCU is, in general, one of the greatest applications for college students.
- Beautiful and intuitive interface with gesture-based control and navigation
- See instant results of your calculations as you enter them
- Swipe up on the keypad to reveal the scientific keypad